I made a fantastic (and super easy) dinner last night. I'm just so excited about it that I had to share. I don't know what to call it though. I just threw together a bunch of things I had sitting around.
1 lb ground beef (I buy 80% lean)
1/2 a large red onion
2 bell peppers
about 1/2 a jar of tomato sauce (I used Ragu)
salt
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
pepper
worchestier sauce
shredded cheese (I had a "Mexican" mix)
I buy my ground beef in bulk and portion, cook and freeze it when I get home from Sam's, so I already had the 1lb cooked.
In a bowl, combine chopped onion, chopped bell peppers, ground beef, and tomato sauce. Sprinkle in seasonings and worchestier to taste.
Pour into a glass baking dish
Cover with shredded cheese
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Turn the oven off and let sit until you are ready to eat. (Mine sat about 20 mintues until hubby got home.)
I served it in a bowl with toasted up crusty bread (that I had stored in the freezer) on the side. It made enough for 4 servings. I'm going to have leftovers with tortilla chips and carrots for lunch today. Soo excited about my lunch today!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
did you bring me some, lol
That sounds yummy!!!!
Post a Comment