Ok, so I don't really want to call my day today a failure. If I label it that, it's just a downward spiral and I end up saying "F--- this, I'm going to Silky's!" (For those that don't know, Silky Freeze is the most wonderful frozen custard on the planet. YUM!!!)
I started off today with a chocolate chip bagel with peanut butter. My mistake for starting a diet with no groceries in the house! (Hey, the bagel was free!) It got better from there, I packed a cut up orange bell pepper and a roast beef sandwich (with olive oil mayo, mustard, onion and cheese) for my lunch. I actually ate my lunch today at work. Well, then our system shut down and I literally could not work. My friend and co-worker, Amanda suggested going to Target. What's so significant about that? She bought be a box of Junior Mints and I took them and ate them when we got back to the office. (What, like I was really supposed to say no?! You can't refuse a gift!)
Now, I'm not even going to go grocery shopping on my way home from work. Want to know why? Because I left my friggin wallet and cell phone AT HOME when I left for work this morning! AHHHH! So... no groceries tonight... what's that mean? McAlister's Deli, oh yeah! (www.mcalisters.com) Check it out, it's actually a lot better than regular fast food. I loooooove their Chicken Grill Salad with paremsan peppercorn dressing! Delicious.
So as it goes tonight, I'm pretty much going to call today a kind of sucess as long as the following things happen:
1. I really get only a salad with chicken at McAlisters
2. I take Athena for a walk tonight (since by working 2 hours late, I've missed my gym window.)
3. I make it home without getting pulled over or into an accident (as I have no driver's license on me)
Maybe later I'll post about why today (at work) sucked so much. Maybe I'd rather just not think about it and enjoy my husband and son tonight...
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope your night got better <3
Post a Comment